T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

Chylaceous

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
When someone asks me about piracy on public :
I don't think people should be sharing files publicly (If the other person is into private trackers, then he/she would ask: How about private trackers?).
You really don't need to talk a lot about your files and what you have to get to the point where you obtained them. If you just want to mention the music, movie, etc. just tell them you heard it or saw the trailer or read about it. :)
If they are interested, they will tell you about it themselves.
Other times that I pirate but I don't pirate ;)
I guess I'm paying for the stuff with a currency called ratio.​

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
You really don't need to talk a lot about your files and what you have to get to the point where you obtained them.
It's not that often a topic of conversation for me, but if it is I just mention torrents and that gets the usual nod.
Sometimes they mention TPB or YIFY (Thais love small files and don't give a fuck about quality/safety) and I say yeah, I heard of those.
They're pretty cool, right? Have you seen movie x yet? bla bla bla :)

Chylaceous

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
It's not that often a topic of conversation for me, but if it is I just mention torrents and that gets the usual nod.
Sometimes they mention TPB or YIFY (Thais love small files and don't give a fuck about quality/safety) and I say yeah, I heard of those.
They're pretty cool, right? Have you seen movie x yet? bla bla bla :)
I am worried that the conversation suddenly becomes more detailed and we disagree at some point, or they mention we haven't found the file on those websites.
Then I can't go back on my statement that I used torrent to get those files.

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
I am worried that the conversation suddenly becomes more detailed and we disagree at some point, or they mention we haven't found the file on those websites.
Then I can't go back on my statement that I used torrent to get those files.
Can't recall people really prying for details, though of course there's always that nosy sumbitch that won't let go.
In such cases, depending on whom is asking, I guess I'd just stick to my guns.

"Yeah, you know, got it from one of them torrentsites."
"Which one?"
"With them pirates on it. You know. And Yify. Pretty cool!"
"Errr... "
"Yeah, they have a lot of choice too!" bla bla bla....... though if I know the person, like and trust him/her, convo might end up differently.

mancity

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
If everyone in the world is sharing, then everyone in the world is criminal. If everyone in the world is considered as criminal, then the system is not functioning right and needs to be changed. This is like the essence (of course when I say everyone I mean - people that are interested in some particular sort of activity).

Teslaforce

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Can't recall people really prying for details, though of course there's always that nosy sumbitch that won't let go.
In such cases, depending on whom is asking, I guess I'd just stick to my guns.

"Yeah, you know, got it from one of them torrentsites."
"Which one?"
"With them pirates on it. You know. And Yify. Pretty cool!"
"Errr... "
"Yeah, they have a lot of choice too!" bla bla bla....... though if I know the person, like and trust him/her, convo might end up differently.
This reminds me of a convo some months back. We are invited to a party. The host is playing some Netflix movie in the media room. One of my friends while discussing how we all get our media goes: "oh I just torrent my stuff". This gets a few nods while the rest don't even care and continue with a other topic.

Same friend no longer torrents though and uses Kodi + iptv + Netflix instead. To each their own I suppose.

Mr. White

Cooking with Gas
Pirate
Gold
I refuse to identify myself with a criminal. I would describe myself to be more gender fluid. The true criminals here are the record labels. So a big f you to them!

• Agree
Reactions: marigold

Sparrow115

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
I restrain from saying anything about it. It's pretty easy today to just say "I watched it online" and let them assume which awful platform you're talking about.