"Unwanted Publicity" in Todays BitTorrent Times

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
The other thing is, I found CN (today and in the past) to be one of the most relaxed and non - elitists trackers I'm at. The only thing they were picky about back then was the secrecy. But at the site itself their staff was very easy to deal with. Believe me, I know what an elitist tracker staffer is like - the guys who blast you for disagreeing with you, or belittle an upload you did if it had something wrong, rather than helping you fix it. At one tracker , staff questioned how someone could be ever invited to their tracker because he was such a n00b. CN was one of the few trackers where I was completely comfortable talking to he head guys, even the sysops and owners, when I was early in my torrent career. Plus CN was subject to elitism of its own when an elitist at KG forums belittled them.

Reactions: jammyone

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
The other thing is, I found CN (today and in the past) to be one of the most relaxed and non - elitists trackers I'm at. The only thing they were picky about back then was the secrecy. But at the site itself their staff was very easy to deal with. Believe me, I know what an elitist tracker staffer is like - the guys who blast you for disagreeing with you, or belittle an upload you did if it had something wrong, rather than helping you fix it. At one tracker , staff questioned how someone could be ever invited to their tracker because he was such a n00b. CN was one of the few trackers where I was completely comfortable talking to he head guys, even the sysops and owners, when I was early in my torrent career. Plus CN was subject to elitism of its own when an elitist at KG forums belittled them.
100% agree. This site is the one exception to date for me which I'd select 'community' is more important than 'content'. This doesn't mean they don't have good content because there's plenty of that, but it's the people there who make it what it is. I can't believe the things they've helped me with, no matter how n00b I was they were there. Othersna's example of failed uploads rings particularly true, I'm one of those guys you'd see depicted in a FAIL! caricature, but I don't care as long as it's real. They didn't berate me or scold me instead showed me the way. They knew some of my past mistakes and were lenient enough not to kick me out because of those, chose to read between the lines instead of being some hidebound sticklers for rules. To top it off they even helped me with other stuff I don't dare mention here. And the design and wicked systems in place aren't even mentioned yet. Oh fuck this isn't a review :D

• Agree
Reactions: othersna