The Secret World of WDMA Sites

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
That shit doesn't really go that far back. I thought it was pre-2000 stuff.
This whole WDMA-business strikes me more as some fancy 3/>33/\/ (did u see how I wrote EPEEN there, what art)
and nothing of real substance. And even if some of it is, the REAL bad boys will move in silence.

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
I actually don't think the people who created WDMA sites wanted to be "1337" or anything like that. Because the authorities cracked down on the BitTorrent Barnyard at the SA forums, they just went underground. As I wrote in the original article, the big fuss started when someone at FST made a request for one of the places (the place with the fake page with the comics) and used "***"s to describe them. Then all sorts of torrenters started asking about what the place was and because it was so secret, it got everyone curious. For years I couldn't find out anything about these places, until the time I wrote the original article and I had a friend willing to share with me what he learned from a "friend of a friend of a friend" ;)

From what I understand, WDMA.biz, the original site still exists. It has changed URLs multiple times.

• Agree
Reactions: marmalade

Bezerra

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
I I know little that story. There is a whole legend about how it works. Today, the trackers I know have almost everything that I seek, I do not know if I would find more in these places!

justinius23

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
interesting thread. i've been a member of a few 'secret' sites but nothing like these wdma ones. i remember for about 6 months a few years back there was a lot of hype about 'skittles'. i never did find out the truth lol

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
interesting thread. i've been a member of a few 'secret' sites but nothing like these wdma ones. i remember for about 6 months a few years back there was a lot of hype about 'skittles'. i never did find out the truth lol
I used to be interested in Skittles as well, because of it was the last of the "super secret" trackers. But an infamous blogger named "Backie" posted screenshots of it and there was nothing inside. Hardly any torrents!

I found out later it was kind of an "experiment" by the creator, who only wanted his friends to join it, but once word leaked out about it, there was all sorts of interest in it. (I think it's dead now.)

It's URL really was "TasteTheRainbow" (.ws I believe)

I joked that author Gertrude Stein once said that in the City of Oakland, California, there was "no there there." Well Skittles was that kind of tracker. There's no there there at Skittles. Wanna know somethng weird? Running Back Marshawn Lynch of the Seattle Seahawks is originally from Oakland, California. His favorite candy: Skittles (I am not joking).

ZebTM

Buccaneer
Gold
I mentioned in my intro thread and a couple other places that i was and am on an FTP music site that doesn't want their name mentioned, this is indeed one of the piracy spinoffs of something awful, although it was spun off of a different piracy subforum of something awful than the bittorrent barnyard (which was closed at the same time TBB was). This site also has a tracker but the FTP portion of the site is considered the main focus. They have a few thousand accounts but I don't know how many of those are active.

Last edited:
Reactions: saynotodecaf

Egon

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
I was a member of a torrent tracker called Swedvdr years ago, and it shutdown. But after they shutdown they oppend a tracker called Redux, and redux had about 1000 members and this place was so secret that no one had acces to it mostly it was members of sweden norway and denmark. Then after redux had been online for some time there was a guy who posted an review on it on a private forum then the staff found out about it and then they deleted about 500 users so there only where about 500 left and lucky for me i was one of them. This tracker maby sounds small with only 500 users but it was very active and had alot of peers and it was also ratio lees. I would even say back when it was alive it was the best site for nordic dvds it did not have hd stuff but dvdr movies or dvdr shows it was the bomb back then. And i only got invited to this place becuse i know a guy who was a staff member on this place and only staff invited users and in these years i was a member on the site there was only invited about 8 new uers in total.

Redux is down for good other wise i would not have posted this info, but since we were talking about secret sites this one is the top of the list in my world becuse no one talked about it since they respected the name on staff RIP

Last edited:

Capone

The Ghost
New Recruit
Gold
Skittles sucked. I heard ftwr was the tracker! I have no clue why?msince it's shut down and please no user names, are there any really good Rabbit stories? I heard that site was awesome back in the day. What was so special about it? I was a CFS member but my account died I think for inactivity. Their members always spoke about the rabbit like it was a super tracker. Enlighten me please? Was it BS?

Last edited:

MaDTaZ

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
There will alway be a sites that are secret and will not be accessed to the common user. It is just like private trackers that just let their friend in. I have 2 ftp sites that I connect with that I get shows almost seconds after they have aired. PPV right after it has ended.

Do I consider them "secret sites" No I consider being at the right irc chat room at the right time and have great friends that I chat with almost everyday and thats when you help out with helping others you are rewarded. When I worked nights I use to be on irc for 8 hours a day and helped out alot.

At every turn of life I have found when you are not looking for something it is offered to you in some form or another

justinius23

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
As I wrote in the original article, the big fuss started when someone at FST made a request for one of the places (the place with the fake page with the comics) and used "***"s to describe them.
what was the name of the place with the comics if it's safe to speak it's name? lol