Piracy, IMAGiNE, and UTN ....the end

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

Sting

Captain
Captain
Gold
Thanks for wrapping up this series. I can only assume how tough it is to go back through this part of your life so I appreciate the efforts to share your story. I've caught a couple of minor misdemeanours in past for which I had to attend court yet I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. I'm glad to hear that you are in a good headspace now and you have the love and support of your family.

The stuff about monitoring your children's conversations sounds so unethical and wrong, I mean what information are they going to get from snooping into your kids' online activities? Having absolutely no knowledge of this field it sounds borderline illegal, but I guess with the whole NSA situation they're able to bend the rules enough so they aren't operating outside the confines of law.

MuddSlinger

Community Rep / TPS Asshole of the Month
Community Rep
Gold
Full of mixed thoughts seeing and reading this post.. Known Cherwonk for a few years now, worked with him on some trackers. I am happy to see you posted, but even more pissed at the outcome of all this.

The one they had the least evidence on, gets raped by the system cause he holds true and uses the rights granted him. While the bitches get deals.

Wish I still had a way to contact you, or your wife so I could get where you end up spending that time so could write ya or hell anything to let you know were still out here.. Hope to hear from you when you all done with all this shit..

GODSPEED my friend......

cherwonk

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Full of mixed thoughts seeing and reading this post.. Known Cherwonk for a few years now, worked with him on some trackers. I am happy to see you posted, but even more pissed at the outcome of all this.

The one they had the least evidence on, gets raped by the system cause he holds true and uses the rights granted him. While the bitches get deals.

Wish I still had a way to contact you, or your wife so I could get where you end up spending that time so could write ya or hell anything to let you know were still out here.. Hope to hear from you when you all done with all this shit..

GODSPEED my friend......
Its just about over, at least the BS part of it. Right now I am at home, on "Home Detention" I get to work my old job and go out if I tell them a week in advance. Like life is plan-able LoL
But at least the people I report to at the halfway house are decent, my Case Manager is good, he knows I got the shaft on this deal. He works with me on most things. Hell I get to go to Dinner with the wife tomorrow for our 27th anniversary and then I get to spend the day with her at the Applefest in Hilton the day after... but its all planned a week in advance, I need to be home by 9pm. Thats OK I'm and old fart anyways.
Its this way till the day before Thanksgiving, then its a couple years of "Supervision". Then I can tell em all to kiss my ass. Till then I hope to make life miserable for any and all the powers that want to be.

BlastGT1

Captain
Captain
Gold
The frightening thing is that there is absolutely no accountability for them. The media companies get in bed with the politicians, and that is used to bring in whatever special services can do the dirty work, be it the CIA, FBI, NSA, or whatever. They don't BEND the rules, they outright BREAK them, and we as citizens have no way to combat this. They even manage to extend what I consider to be bullying well outside the boundaries of this country, and meddle in the affairs of other nations, all because of greedy dinosaurs who refuse to advance with the times and technology.

cherwonk cherwonk I hope you had a wonderful anniversary dinner, and sincerely hope that you enjoy your Applefest as well. I'm on board with you in regards to making life hell for those sorry bastards too. If there was a way I could run for President, I would turn everything they know upside down.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: MorTal and jammyone

meri

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
This is all very scary. If you don't have money or know how, you don't stand a chance. What a huge ordeal for your family to deal with. Best wishes for the future. :)

szaim

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
WoW! I am truly sorry for what you had to go through. And thanks for sharing your story. Everyone must read it. When you look at what you are doing, in the end, it is just looking at your computer screen, clicking here and there, and pushing your fingers against some keys, typing whatever you are typing. But, in the eyes of the system, those seemingly innocuous acts might seem like a big crime.

Thanks again for sharing your story. Everyone on this site must read it, I think.

iTpHo3NiX

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Interesting that this thread caught my eye :p nice to know that there are a few members I do know here. I remember this drama well and I think UtN is what ultimately caught up with us. I always appreciated what IMAGiNE did for the p2p world and I was crushed when UtN went down and I read the article on TF. Stuffies had also given me a heads up which was nice. Interesting to read about this in more detail though so that's cool.

Hope you're doing good cherwonk cherwonk bro :p you just can't get away from me :p

Phantasia

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Wow, it's been very interesting to have a read at this from your perspective and in more detail.
It really bugs me that the system is indeed infected and not working in a balanced way.

I really hope that you are doing well cherwonk cherwonk
Wish you all the best, to you and your family.

fdemon

Actife Membor
Captain
Gold
Wow, I never even heard of this bust until reading these threads.
I still have some IMAGINE "products" seeding.

Thanks for telling your story.

TheStash

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Well said cherwonk cherwonk bro. :)
I was going to write a small thread about my experiences with the whole situation that we went through but I think you and I had almost the exact same experience with it all so there would be no need for it. I have read many articles about the case and us since my release and have seen mixed emotions from people about what happened in general. I was pleasantly surprised to see the overwhelming support for us and our case by people that knew us online, and the concern that came from them. With that being said I would like to thank cher for this thread as it sheds some light on what did occur with our case so that hopefully people do not make the same mistakes that we did. I myself still feel terrible for my guys for getting them into that situation and for what ultimately took them away from their family and friends. I can only blame myself for that. Now I look forward to helping people stay safe and private online!
Looking back at it all, all I can say is one thing. It was fun while it lasted lol... ARRRRRR :piratetongue: :arrr:

Last edited:

Spartak

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Shame you have to put up with all of that. I remember as I kid downloading and watching IMAGiNE cam work

MorTal

DEATH iS ALWAYS TEH ANSWER
Pirate
Gold
TheStash TheStash Glad to see you on the forums and hope to catch up with very soon... Sad you and the guys had to go through all what you did.. Glad you can get back to real life and hope all turns out well ..

//MorTal....

TheStash

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
TheStash TheStash Glad to see you on the forums and hope to catch up with very soon... Sad you and the guys had to go through all what you did.. Glad you can get back to real life and hope all turns out well ..

//MorTal....

Thank's bro. Yea it is good to even be able to be here lol. I am glad to see so many peeps from the past here as well so keep in touch. :)

• Winner
Reactions: MuddSlinger