oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Jun 4, 2015
Thailand
Gold
Reactions
2,415 4 2
In 2017 I had the idea of writing books for a living - it wasn't as easy and/or lucrative as I'd thought though. That's a euphemism for saying I fucked up - I didn't make a dime, zilch, nada, nothing. And that in turn is a euphemism of saying, I didn't finish any book to date. Plenty of ideas and half-written manuscripts lying about, which is as good as nothing.

So 2018 is the time for change. Radical change. A complete overhaul of the whats and hows and whys of what I been up to.
My new thing is creating content on YouTube. Research tells me it's hard but possible to make dough off of YT.
Hard work in the sense of a lot of work; not in the sense of complex. I'd be in trouble then.
The niche I'm targeting seems relatively easy. I've made some test videos already and getting into the hang of new programs.

After some brainstorming the ideas for videos came flooding in. One idea inspires the next and so on.
I'm jotting down all these ideas in one place, old school in a notebook.
Later on, this list will be revisited and scrutinized - what's good what's crap?
Sifting through and acting on this list shall be my main activity in 2018.

Determining which of these brain farts shall materialize is part of my New Year's resolution for 2018.
Supposedly a good way to motivate oneself is to state publicly what you're up to. Here goes nothing.
Fear of looking like an idiot and waves of excitement are vying for attention.
Here's to being held accountable and all or nothing.
It's not like I've never been called an idiot. Experience taught me I don't care much about it, though I thought I would.

This New Year's resolution is the first one I've ever taken seriously.
It probably entails way more than I anticipate for as time continues unforeseen events are bound to unfold.
I'll try to see these unexpected obstacles as challenges rather than as problems though.
I'm confident that by acknowledging from the get-go my awareness of these future roadblocks and dedicating enough time
and resources to circumvent them I'll be able to surpass them.

An undertaking such as this also entails asking for help. I'll need people to make it happen.
Approaching strangers on sites like Elance or Fiverr etc. seems like a logical first step in finding such people.
It is one of the hardest things to do for me. Why?
On the one hand I don't want to be a cheapskate, on the other I don't want to get ripped off.
The negotiations and getting to trust each other takes time and effort.
Getting a team of trusted people together seems an insurmountable task at this point. Luckily I'm too foolish to worry.
Might anyone here be knowledgeable about SEO, traffic, video recording/editing, adword/adsense, music production, "YouTubing" etc, feel free to PM me.

Becoming an expert in each single aspect seems too time-consuming; I'll try to get involved in as much of it as I can though.
The idea is to write a script, record it, edit it. Rinse and repeat. Often. Very often.
And the quality needs to be 200%. YouTube's not bringing their absolute A-Game get slaughtered in the blink of an eye it seems.
So it isn't a matter of quality > quantity or vice versa, it's a case of having both quality and quantity. Flood the net.

I heard YouTube's algorhythm likes regular uploaders best. And so do subscribers. So the idea is to upload regularly.
To put it in a kind of mission statement: I'll upload at least one quality video a week for every week of 2018, if at all possible more.
It's both exciting and frightening. I'm wondering if anyone here is doing this, has done this or has considered it.

Another part of my resolution is to contribute at least 5 EUR but if possible 10 EUR a month to TPS.
Partly to say thanks for all the good I've gotten from here.
Partly for allowing me here and letting me spam to my heart's content round these parts.
Partly for being so transparent about the finances and keeping this kickass site in the air.
But mostly just because I want to. Who's with me? Just a few more people are needed to ensure the longevity of TPS.

Wishing everyone a happy 2018, signing off,

OB