• Total voters
caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
With 2018 fast approaching, it's a perfect time to think about our New Years Resolutions, if you're into it that is. I must admit, I've had more failed attempts than successes but just like the end of every year, I say, this year will be different. Maybe my lack of success is all in the type of resolution I make for myself. Are you the same??

For me, the hands down topic which has frequently come up is health and diet. My diet is shitty and health is OK but could be better. I've been following a heap of You Tube channels based on Raw food diets, Vegan eating and the natural way of living in general so based on that, here is my New Years Resolution for 2018 :

In 2018, I will :

Cut my smoking down by half, Not drink fizzy drinks, not consume potato chips or any derivative of, and not eat past 7pm. Lastly, drink at least a litre of water a day.

Feel free to list your resolutions for 2018 if you want. I'd be curious to see if there are any patterns??

insertnamehere

insertnamehere

Buccaneer
Gold
Reactions
278 4 0
Christmas Resolution: Go to bed before 4 AM regularly. No more getting sick and missing events because I am caught sleeping in the middle of the day.

YellowJelly

YellowJelly

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
303 7 0
I can't answer the poll because I have never had a new years resolution on the first place :(
I don't plan on having one anyways...

Wicked

Wicked

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
466 6 2
My resolution is to focus on things I can change, ie myself, and ignore those that I cannot, ie what goes on in the world.

Dwarsligger

Dwarsligger

Wicked Sick & Twisted
Administrator
Gold
Reactions
4,995 19 69
Since it's just another year in the count instead of something special I refuse to go with the flow and have some new years resolution. Don't know why people do that, no one even thinks about their resolutions anymore 2 weeks later? If you really want a change in life you might as well do it on the 6th of march, I bet you chances to succeed are higher then...

peteyb

peteyb

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
383 0 2
Since it's just another year in the count instead of something special I refuse to go with the flow and have some new years resolution. Don't know why people do that, no one even thinks about their resolutions anymore 2 weeks later? If you really want a change in life you might as well do it on the 6th of march, I bet you chances to succeed are higher then...
True, if you're disciplined enough to follow through on your goals you don't need resolutions, and if you aren't you probably won't stick to them anyway :D That being said, I hope to be able to do a handstand by my birthday, the 7th of March.

Ryzen

Ryzen

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
143 1 1
With 2018 fast approaching, it's a perfect time to think about our New Years Resolutions, if you're into it that is. I must admit, I've had more failed attempts than successes but just like the end of every year, I say, this year will be different. Maybe my lack of success is all in the type of resolution I make for myself. Are you the same??

For me, the hands down topic which has frequently come up is health and diet. My diet is shitty and health is OK but could be better. I've been following a heap of You Tube channels based on Raw food diets, Vegan eating and the natural way of living in general so based on that, here is my New Years Resolution for 2018 :

In 2018, I will :

Cut my smoking down by half, Not drink fizzy drinks, not consume potato chips or any derivative of, and not eat past 7pm. Lastly, drink at least a litre of water a day.

Feel free to list your resolutions for 2018 if you want. I'd be curious to see if there are any patterns??
the poll has the option missing: "I don't have any new years resolution".
making resolutions only limited you from the future outcome, so in my opinion it is pretty much useless.

ps: having a good meal after 7pm is actually healthier than eating to an earlier time.

peteyb

peteyb

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
383 0 2
ps: having a good meal after 7pm is actually healthier than eating to an earlier time.
Aren't you the guy who said vaccines cause autism? :p

caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
WOW lighten up everyone its the holidays, so what if we forget the resolution 2 weeks later for some, its just a bit of fun. And I thought thought this community was ahead of the rest and fun!!!!!!! WAS I WRONG lol. I guess i just wanted to have a bit of fun, not create a post that was too serious. Ah well

rafati

rafati

New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
4 0 0
Christmas Resolution: Go to bed before 4 AM regularly. No more getting sick and missing events because I am caught sleeping in the middle of the day.
Getting a 9-5 job will definitely help you maintain a healthy sleeping schedule. It helped me, at least.

insertnamehere

insertnamehere

Buccaneer
Gold
Reactions
278 4 0
Getting a 9-5 job will definitely help you maintain a healthy sleeping schedule. It helped me, at least.
Yep, the only times I've been able to have a regular sleep cycle were when I was working regularly. I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle while going to school though which always seems much harder

rafati

rafati

New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
4 0 0
Yep, the only times I've been able to have a regular sleep cycle were when I was working regularly. I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle while going to school though which always seems much harder
I mean, going to school is relatively the same as a job. My point is, you will most likely keep a good sleeping schedule if you are forced to wake up everyday at the same time.

Wicked

Wicked

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
466 6 2
WOW lighten up everyone its the holidays, so what if we forget the resolution 2 weeks later for some, its just a bit of fun. And I thought thought this community was ahead of the rest and fun!!!!!!! WAS I WRONG lol. I guess i just wanted to have a bit of fun, not create a post that was too serious. Ah well
I think if we picked more fun resolutions we would achieve them. Such as have more sex, or go to our favourite restaurant every week.

violentnature

violentnature

UHD Rep
Community Rep
Gold
Reactions
281 2 0
I'm not a fan of traditions or measuring my dick every year, so to speak. If I do it, I resolved it to myself at the time of doing it and can't set myself up for disappointment by predicting how I will act. There are a lot of things I want to do and acquiring money will help with achieving most of them. So if I have any resolution then it will be to acquire more money.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F1dbcfa11ee02ef95c3d0622e451fa392%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D5136088&hash=072fe997237279e4eed2f094bfd9e282

Dwarsligger

Dwarsligger

Wicked Sick & Twisted
Administrator
Gold
Reactions
4,995 19 69
I think if we picked more fun resolutions we would achieve them. Such as have more sex
My wife picked that fun resolution and achieved it. I looked forward to it but now it seems i'm not involved. Big fun indeed!

xiabing

xiabing

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
33 0 0
I always set many small goals such as week target, month object. It will gain your confidence when you complete them. The small goals are very easy.
Your New Years Resolutions are great! These are small promises to yourself that you make at the beginning of the year, usually to improve yourself. I believe it has to be step by step as what you experienced and it takes time. I wish you all the success in the world.

opensea462

opensea462

RIP WCD
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
89 0 0
- be more confident and have self worth - even if it means "faking it 'till I make it"
- go to bed at regular timing and get at least 7 hours sleep
- learn more efficiently and effectively
- not repeat mistakes
- share more to the community
- try to rekindle fading relationship with family

thanks for reading and all the best to the rest of TPSers

Bobby

Bobby

Buccaneer
Gold
Reactions
262 0 1