Apply for membership
caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
Magic mushrooms, Shrooms, Psilocybin, Im sure we all know what they are, how they work. Most of us have either tried them, had someone we know try them and/ or heard stories of the good, the bad and the downright crazy experiences while on them. I remember when I was a teenager, so many of my friends would go mushroom picking and take handfuls of them and trip out for hours. I never tried them however now in my late 30s I found myself curious to say the least when I was listening to a podcast and the term Micro Dosing came up. At the time i had absolutely no idea what the term meant so listened on and to be honest, what i heard over the next hour and a half, absolutely amazed me. I felt so uneducated as I was under the impression that magic mushrooms were nothing more than a psychedelic that were taken to see things, trip out and have a fun experience....hopefully.

Gee was I wrong. I had no idea that the compound in the magic mushrooms, psilocybin, was so powerful, that depending obviously on the amount taken could do so much more than give a psychedelic experience. For years and years it has been used for spiritual purposes and has been found to help with brain activity and over the years, the more research that has been done, the more information has come out about how powerful these little things actually are. Now, currently, the bubble has sort of popped because apparently these magic mushrooms are used more and more. Not to achieve the psychedelic but to achieve so much more.

The term Micro Dosing, refers to a very small amount of the mushroom and typically, individuals integrate sub-perceptual doses into their weekly routine. Micro dosers often report higher levels of creativity, more energy, increased focus, and improved relational skills. Many people microdose in order to treat depression or anxiety, with often remarkable results. Some enthusiasts also report Micro Dosing helps to heighten spiritual awareness and enhance all five senses.

As I mentioned earlier, I had not tried them when I was younger but find myself wanting to, i mean Micro Dosing because it really sounds like it could really help me. Ive even heard that people in the IT community, particularly in Silicon Valley are really on to this, and it even sounds like its becoming a craze. Coders in particular have reported amazing benefits in their work levels with others from all facets of life experiencing amazing results. Not sure how many of you guys have had experience with Micro Dosing but I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Unfortunately its illegal here in Australia but thats never really stopped me before. It sounds like it could really unlock some parts of the brain and cognitively do a lot of good.

Last edited:
peteyb

peteyb

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
383 0 2
Nomi

Nomi

Cereal Killer
Radio DJ
Gold
Reactions
79 1 0
Can you fix your spelling. In some places you call it micrososing and in others macro. I suspect it is supposed to be micro in all places.
I suspect by the time of writing this article he was already on shrooms. :p

peteyb

peteyb

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
383 0 2
I suspect by the time of writing this article he was already on shrooms. :p
Huh, he must really have mixed up "micro" and "macro" then :D

WitherSlick

WitherSlick

1 Doge = 1 Doge
Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
507 2 0
Personally, as someone with quite a bit of experience with psychedelics, they are somewhat overrated. Yeah, I've had some incredible experiences, but I've also had some absolutely horrid ones.

One time I took two tabs of "acid" in quotes because it was almost certainly not actual LSD, but some other research chemical, and I was sweating like mad. According to my friend (sober at the time) I became absolutely convinced I was bleeding everywhere. I couldn't tell if it was sweat or blood because color was so weird at the time. I couldn't really tell which color was which, but I felt the sweat dripping down me and was absolutely convinced it was blood. I'll never forget that experience. The same night, a bit later after I was already in full panic attack mode, I was abducted by aliens which was almost as scary as the blood. I seriously thought I was actually dying from bleeding out. My friend ended up putting me in a bear hug and holding me until I went to sleep. When I went to sleep I saw a circle with 3 arcs revolving around it. I fell asleep and then I met god. My face was on a pillow but to my mind the pillow was actually the one, the true almighty, which is actually a 3 person meld of... stuff... according to my trip. I was fully convinced that when I had gone to sleep I had actually died. I was sure. It was like I was one nutrient in a plant on the way to a new leaf after my old one died.. To this day I can't really describe that experience.

When I woke up at around 5am the next morning I instinctively looked at my watch. I realized it was WitherSlick's watch. I was fully expecting to wake up as a baby or another person or an animal or something. It blew my mind that I was looking at my watch. Then I realized, in the most joyful moment of my life, that if I was wearing WitherSlick's watch, I must be WitherSlick. I didn't die!

I was seriously on the verge of calling 911 and begging for help earlier that night before I went to sleep. I'm really glad my friend took my phone and hugged me till I went to sleep.
If I had done that it woulda fucked up my whole life, as we had more drugs at the house, weed, more tabs of "acid" and some prescription pills we should not have had.

I had tripped several probably 5 times before that, all great experiences. I won't ever use psychedelics again. I feel like when you die and meet god that's your fucking cue to stop.

As for microdosing, I don't really think it's a bad idea, just that it's unneeded. I don't think there are any benefits shrooms or LSD will give you in incredibly small doses that you don't already possess. I would be willing to bet that for coders a placebo would work just as good or better than Microdosing.

I'm not at all against psychedelics, but I think the power is inside you the whole time. All psychedelics do is push the "you" out of the way.

Last edited:
U

unpopularaunt

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
3 0 0
I used to microdose lsd for the better part of three months during my spring semester

AbeSimpson

AbeSimpson

Gold
Reactions
1,976 4 2
I used to microdose lsd for the better part of three months during my spring semester
So what was your thoughts on it. Did it help you? Did you notice any positive effects? What about negative ones?

caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
So what was your thoughts on it. Did it help you? Did you notice any positive effects? What about negative ones?
Also what were you studying

pWned

pWned

L' enfant terrible
Pirate King
Gold
Reactions
6,252 20 53
The biggest problem I see here is that "dosing" of these substances is highly difficult outside of lab settings. We're talking about the microgram level. With LSD, even a single blotter sheet can have severe fluctuations in the dose contained in the individual blots i hear. And with shrooms you have the same problem all medicinal/psychoactive plants have, you never know how potent any individual batch or even plant will be. Just look at weed and the THC content ... sometimes a 1/5 bag of a certain strain can last you a couple of days, other times you smoke the whole bag of the same strain in a night needing more.

I can see this working / being beneficial with pharmaceutical-grade products created by following industry good practices, but I sure as hell wouldn't take an LSD tab in the morning before work hoping the dose will be just right.

LilSassy

LilSassy

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
2 0 0
I tried microdosing for a solid month along with a friend. Our conclusion ended up just being that it wasn't really worth it and we weren't sure why it had even become 'a thing'.

Wicked

Wicked

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
466 6 2
Drugs culture meets homeopathy. A bit confused as to why this is a public blog post though.

caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
Thanks for all the input. I decided against trying the microdosing and sticking with my normal day to day routine of no substances. Sorry if this has been put in the wrong section, I just made a decision to put it here which was nothing more than an assumption. I am still quite interested in psychedelics in general, especially ones like DMT and ayahuasca or aiawaska which I look forward to making a post about in the near future. Not sure about trying either or but generally the spiritual journeys and experiences I have heard and read from people who have experienced them has got me even more curious than the mushrooms. Thats for another day, thanks for reading.

Ray

Ray

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
46 0 0
I have took magic mushrooms a few times during the last few years. Last time this last spring while on holidays in Amsterdam. Took 30g of fresh ones on a warm sunny day inside a big park. The next 6h were amazing

caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
OMG 30g now thats more than heroic, thats insanely awesome. You really must have gone on some journey!!!

Ray

Ray

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
46 0 0
OMG 30g now thats more than heroic, thats insanely awesome. You really must have gone on some journey!!!
Yes it was pretty awesome ! 30g is a lot I know but if you take frash ones you have to take more because they are heavier than the dried ones. I am also a pretty tall big guy so I had a discussion with the lady at the smart shop on how much i should take. She first suggested 40 but since the shroom taste pretty bad and it was in amsterdam with only a hotel room to go back to if I had a bad experience I decided to take 30 in the end. The friend i was with took 15 but he is also a skinny short guy.

It was a very good experience but the day we decided to do this was also a beautiful warm sunny day and we were in the middle of a huge city park in amsterdam with small lakes and blooming trees and flowers everywhere so it was just great to observe the nature and the very attractive turist and local ladies that were walking by.

After 6 hours the effect started to fade and we smoked the first joint and continued smoking for the next 2 hours before we were ready to leave. The next day we both felt tired as if we were a bit hungover but from my experience thats normal after taking shrooms

caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
Amsterdam is certainly on my list of places id like to visit, thanks for the post, id like to experience something similar when i go :)