Living the "Entourage" Lifestyle, For Real

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
OK a non-torrent article. Cue the music...

Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah
You were smiling by my table
Had to call up everyone that day
Beautiful mind and body
What a happy image i see
My mind had been enabled
In the memory you overflow
Wanna be your super hero
Even if i tumble fall
Superhero, by Jane's Addiction (Theme Song for "Entourage" )

I'm cruising through Beverly Hills, 90210 with my entourage (my office manager, who I suppose is like E) and her son who is driving us in his car (I suppose he's Turtle). Pull up to Mastro's Steakhouse on Canon Drive and valet park, to meet with someone who really wants to do business with me, so he's buying. Get a Grey Goose martini with 3 olives stuffed with blue cheese (stirred, not shaken. You don't need to shake it if Grey Goose is the only ingredient in it.) Look at the appetizers - go for the Russian caviar . (Ossetra as Beluga is illegal now.) Get a bone-in filet mignon - their house specialty. Then we talk business. I tell all people wanting to do business with me I like to get to know them as people before we talk about money, so this is why we're doing this.

Anyway, dial back to the 1980's when I first moved to Los Angeles. My cousin, a lifelong Angeleno told me I can have a great time in this town, especially if I have "money or connections." (In my case, I now use one to get the other, or use a combo of both to get things I want. :) ) Read on.

There is this club which is the "1337 level 10 tracker" of clubs. Hard to get into, and all the big celebrities hang out there. So I just had to get in. (I will not name it because I don't want the owners to sue me for badmouthing them. ;) ) I call another business friend. I wrote about him before - he's the Filipino guy who makes much more money than me and is into the celebrity thing too. He likes to proudly show me pictures of him hanging out with his idol, Manny Pacquiao. He said, yeah, let's go there, get a table and bottle service and just hang out and he'll pay for it. (I just wanted to say I was there.) So I have my office manager call them and the snob answering the phone said we can't get in. You can't just buy your way in there, and have to be considered "social elite" to get in. (bitch) She really did use the words "social elite." So since money didn't work, I tried using my connections. I know someone who is a friend of a Publicist in "Hollywood" and see if the Publicist can get me in. Well the word gets back to me, the Publicist talked to someone who worked at the club, and the worker would gladly put me on the guest list, if I wrote a prescription for Xanax and Vicodin for her. :eek: OK, so I want in, but no way I'm risking my medical license for it. (Still haven't gotten into the place. Don't care anymore anyway. Sour grapes perhaps? )

So around 2004 the sushi place Koi was the hot restaurant that all the celebs were going to. (Also featured fairly frequently on early episodes of Entourage.) So I make a reservation to check it out. No celebs initially but lots of "wannabes." People all dressed nicely and checking each other out, and then a real celebrity walks in - It's Slash from Guns & Roses. And yes, he's wearing that huge top hat and sunglasses that he does in concert. He's taken to his table and all the wannabes (and me) all stare at him. Then next day I brag about seeing him to my office manager, who says "Big deal. I used to know him when he and Axel played at the small clubs in the 1980's...."

In the mid 2000's got tickets to boxing at the Staples Center. It was on HBO so Michael "Let's Get Ready To Rumble" Buffer was the ring announcer. Roy Jones Jr. was the main event. While waiting for tickets, in line is a semi-famous local boxer, a guy named Jorge "Maromero" Paez. A small guy built like a fireplug with a shaved head except for a long bunch coming off the top. A real character. He doesn't speak English, so I wanted to go up to him and greet him introduce myself in my broken Spanish, and say for a few years my mom lived in his home town (Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico), but while coming up with the words some Latino guy just walks up to him and says (in LA Latino Spanish) "Eyyyyy Maromero..... Que paso...." (I was not taught to greet people this way when I learned Spanish in high school. ;) )

P.S. Note all these events happened over 30 years. My life is not like this every night. :p

P.P.S. Am I being superficial? Hell yeah. I'm not ashamed. I live in L.A. , might as well enjoy living here. :p

glurk

CN Rep
Community Rep
Gold
> Note all these events happened over 30 years. My life is not like this every night.

Now that you're stuck with us low-lifes here, you can give up all dreams anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Qv3110 and othersna

Memcon

Ex Staff
Ex Staff
Gold
I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, that once saw Kevin Bacon. It was like I was there... :)

rlingrling

Captain
Captain
Gold
One time I was at a billiards event. In a narrow hallway, walking toward me was China's queen of Nine-ball, Pan Xiaoting. It was very crowded, we all had to go sideways to go past each other. Then, suddenly and inevitably, Miss Pan and I connected. I know there were at least her bra, her shirt, her suit and my T-shirt between us, but I was sure her bosoms felt my mighty chest. What a lucky and unforgettable moment for her.

Lucky she was, but not just with me, check out this video:

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
^ Hey that's cool R.R. She's a cute one as well. I've written somewhere here I met one of my favorite women celebrities, Katharine McPhee (she is not that famous but she is my all-time favorite American Idol contestant). Anyway, it was backstage at a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel Show (which coincidently, the Jimmy Kimmel Show features in an episode of "Entourage." ) Kat was cool enough to pose for pics and sign autographs for anyone who stuck around after the taping. So I also remember her standing so close to me I could feel the sides of her hair against my cheek. (for our picture) I did not want to creep her out by putting my arm around her.

Going to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel is easy. You get tickets free online. His studio is next door to the El Capitan Theater in the heart of old Hollywood. (On Hollywood Blvd, with the names of stars on the sidewalk. Watch out for hookers wanting you to "hire" them on the boulevard. ;) )

Reactions: rlingrling

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
Are you sure you weren't just really high in the 80s... :p

Because of my line of work, I can't be getting high like the guys on "Entourage." Only "drug" I can abuse is alcohol, and in moderation only.

On a similar note, been married for a long time - no wild sex with random women like the guys on Entourage either.

rlingrling

Captain
Captain
Gold
^ Hey that's cool R.R. She's a cute one as well. I've written somewhere here I met one of my favorite women celebrities, Katharine McPhee ...
Hey I remember her. I watched 5 or 6 seasons of American Idol and she's one of the early contestants I never seem to forget about. I don't know, maybe because of her beauty and grace. The last time I saw her was in the pilot of a TV show. She played a single mom and works at a diner or coffee shop or something.

I like Kimmel. He has a unique sense of humor. I especially like one regular segment of his show where he sends his producers to interview people on the streets, very entertaining to watch sometimes.

Reactions: othersna

Memcon

Ex Staff
Ex Staff
Gold
I flew out to California last night and visited othersna othersna . And you say you don't live like the people on Entourage. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

rlingrling

Captain
Captain
Gold
I flew out to California last night and visited othersna othersna . And you say you don't live like the people on Entourage. ;)
AH! Hash tag DroughtShaming!

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
If you walk down Hollywood Blvd, in the touristy area where the star names are on the sidewalk, it isn't too hard to see who the hookers are. ;) (Mingling with the guys dressed like Spiderman and other characters.) I really try to avoid touristy areas if I can, but anyone visiting Los Angeles should just go to Hollywood Blvd once to say you've seen it up close.

Re: my house - I kid you not, is in the style of this house seen in "Entourage."

Spanish/Mediterranean, off white walls, tile roof, a few balconies. It is nowhere near is as big as the house in the picture though and it doesn't have a view. I am still mortgaged up to the hilt. Where I saved money was being able to send my kids to public school because of the neighborhood of the house.

Front porch of my house (from the Halloween pumpkin carving contest)

dakka

(,)(,)
Pirate
Gold
Back during the IT boom I went to many a high classed party. I was kind of clueless to celebrities and still am. Not that we have many celebs here...lol. But there were so many times I would get someone say to me in an offended tone..."Don't you know who I am!". I would always respond, "Nope no idea, can't be anyone important if I don't know you". Then they would indignantly list the movies they had been in, or TV shows, and I would then laugh and say..."Oh an actor....haha...no one important", then I would turn my back and snob them.

Its a wonder no one took out a hit on me or anything. I don't really care about Movie/TV celebrities, they are all just actors or whatever to me. Nothing important to society in the large scheme of things. I should probably mention they weren't all like that. Just 99% of them. Some actually felt relieved I didn't know who they were, and could act normally with me.

Still I always wonder who the hell I met in those drug induced outings I seemed to be constantly attending back in my 20's. I am sure none were real celebrities tho...lol. But so funny..."Do you know who I am!"....lolz...no i dont...oh just an actor...bwhahaha.

giblet

Crys WheN WeeS
Pirate
Gold
I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, that once saw Kevin Bacon. It was like I was there...
:lmao:

othersna othersna now just say giblet said its ok and bingo its like a free ticket to ride :whistling: and if they try to knock you back just keep repeating "No but giblet said it was ok" it will work eventually :lmao:

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
^ I've had friends "pull strings" to get me things I've wanted, but not too frequently. It's amazing that connections can open doors which are impossible to open otherwise. (As examples I mention tapings of American Idol and to Jay Leno - impossible to get without calling a few connections. ) My office manager got to go to the "12 Days of Christimas" taping of the Ellen show - She took home hundreds of dollars of free stuff.

Just remember to be able to do this you have to have something marketable yourself or just be able to know the right people.

This applies not just to living in L.A. but anywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: oklahomaboy