Apply for membership
apollocreed

apollocreed

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
25 0 0
I torrent because I'm quite a lazy guy and I dont want to go to the nearest store to spend 1-2 hours just to find a good movie to watch or a good album/EP to listen to.
Moreover, I hate the media industry which advertize a lot and waste our time.
A lot of content that is findable at stores are just bullshit artist that will do only one release and then disapered as it is just one shot to make money.
In another hand in France most of the movies in Theater and TV are dubbed in french with poor translation whereas subtitles just help you to understand words that you don't know so on I can get the jokes even if I don't know them beforehand.
Since What.cd I discovered a new interrest, archives, it's nice to think of you as kind of savior of some obscure song that would be forgotten otherwise. At the demise of the later, I felt like really proud to have been part of it.
In the ecological point of vue, CD/blue-ray/vinyl are total waste and can last at most 20 years then it's over, so I don't want to contribute to this disaster.
Last but not least, it's the only way to have the best quality of the media if you don't have the state-of-art blu-ray drive or vinyl turntable.

oklahomaboy

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
Reactions
2,497 4 9
-cheaper
-more stuff than available here
-easier
-no blurays or dvds and their cases all around the house; and no scratches on them possible
-faster
-better quality as streaming doesn't work very well here

peta

peta

PTN Rep
Community Rep
Gold
Reactions
84 0 0
For the oldest guys in torrent and p2p world torrenting is not only downloading but i could say its more like communicating! Thats why im still torrenting and im gonna do it for long time if i will have the time of course!

Madchen

Madchen

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
17 0 0
cheaper, more content, better quality usually, and because stuff like netflix doesn't work outside of a web browser.

Bobby

Bobby

Buccaneer
Gold
Reactions
264 0 1
Because if I can get it for free I will, and if I can make it available for others for free I will. I guess I'm just all about everyone getting shit for free.

violentnature

violentnature

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
283 2 0
Because if I can get it for free I will, and if I can make it available for others for free I will. I guess I'm just all about everyone getting shit for free.

DarkwebSkull

DarkwebSkull

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
35 1 0
because im poor to buy legal stuffs!! simple

zzenn

zzenn

Violent Retribution for Accidental Infringement
Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
1,367 0 46
Easier to find and access content. Although with games, I usually buy them now instead.

Last edited:
Mathias

Mathias

#openR4I
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
25 0 1
It’s 2018 you damn fools!

zzenn

zzenn

Violent Retribution for Accidental Infringement
Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
1,367 0 46
2018 more reasons to torrent.

k4rm4c0wb0y

k4rm4c0wb0y

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
23 0 0
I mainly do it, because of my home countrys lazy attitude towards importing new movies and series. Something like Mr. Robot took 1½ years to be legally available through streaming. Of course its due to bureaucracy. So I'd rather get it now, and if I really enjoy it, I might find a way to support it.
That was my thought of reason in the beginning, now I also stay because of the nice community that you find in many trackers.

liuxiaoran

liuxiaoran

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
27 0 1
I can't afford BDs right now. But i can download from PT for free. And i must do something like keep seeding for torrent sites.

ANF24

ANF24

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
6 0 0
Currently I download movies through torrent, no other categories I am interested in.

Y2K

Y2K

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
13 0 0
Free movies/games/music :)

Braindonor

Braindonor

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
15 0 0
Granted: My test was done (about) a decade ago, but I honestly wonder if a lot has changed...

My friend asked me why I torrent, instead of (like him) get my stuff from usenet. He was quite impressed by a retention of several years.
I gave him a wee list of a few artists I like, and asked him how much music he could find in flac. In return I would try and find some movies for him.

A few days later, I had managed to find about half the requested movies, and he managed to find six or seven albums (all new). When I showed the amount of albums available in flac on my torrent-sites, he understood.

My vice is (mainly) music, and than the stuff that will never make it with the crowds... Streaming is just as practical as building and maintaining my collection over usenet.

H

headphones

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
0 0 0
This is how I started picking up content from when I was young, and this is how I'm used to.
I have tried streaming services like Netflix, or HBO Go, but too much hussle, bufferings and a limited library.

Stu

Stu

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
28 0 1
Looking at this a slightly different way...Why torrent? Because I'd need to pay for usenet, file hosting website links become invalid quickly, etc. Torrenting is just the best way to get stuff. There is the community that provides feedback on what torrent is shit or good, so you know if you should download it or wait for a better copy.

More personally, I live in Australia, and access to 'foreign' tv shows is patchy and we can end up waiting months before an episode screens in Aus after it has been on USA tv. I like being able to get the content when I want, and it is a bonus that there are no ads.

Ahasonic

Ahasonic

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
36 0 0
Free music/anime/app/movies/games

Mjolnir0

Mjolnir0

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
5 0 0
Everything is easier with torrents. Can't afford Blu-ray's and streaming is poor quality comparatively.