Introducing ToTV -- a new kind of torrent tracker.

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-the-One

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
I know but with time the actually users become more and more inactive for this reason
Number of uploads isn't part of the userclass promotions, but now would be a great time to be uploading like mad. That way when it's out of beta you're the only seeder on a lot of torrents. Granted, there's a chance someone might cross-seed from the same place you got the file(s).

trefla

Captain
Captain
Gold
Indeed I do hope so. I am not talking about the site layout and all all its little perks only. The tracker is user oriented, they listen to our queries and if possible implement them.

AbeSimpson

Gold
I'm excited to see what happens there. I'm impressed with the layout, but some things didn't work still so it's hard to tell how everything will work when the dust settles

Sting

Captain
Captain
Gold
Yeah there's been a couple of little annoying nuisances, like having to log in on ever visit. Nothing major and I'm not complaining as I know they will be straightened out in due time. As a whole its great to see more variety with TV trackers as I believe competition keeps all the other established trackers on their toes and if they don't improve/keep up one of the fresher trackers will replace them.

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
Exactly, that'll all be fine, in due time.
I wonder if everyone has to apply again when they go 'live' or we can just keep our current accounts?
Because I can imagine a lot of people went in for the trial, tried it (duuh), gave feedback, and kind of let it be for the moment.
Or maybe that's just a reflection of how I did it.

AbeSimpson

Gold
i'm in the same boat as you oklahomaboy oklahomaboy . I haven't really used my account there. I tried to cross seed some stuff, but kept getting glitches so haven't used it much since. I should really take another look though

Last edited by a moderator:

jammyone

Dark Pirate
Dark Pirate
Gold
I'm sure everything will transfer over. I doubt they will want to start recruiting members all over again.
That's my guess too. There was a period there where stats were resetting weekly, but that was stopped. I wouldn't think you would want to lose almost 1000 members who may not come back due to losing their past account.

• Agree
Reactions: Sting

dieNal

thedeh is awesome
Captain
Gold
TOTV is a brilliant tracker, esp when it's freshly coded by AzzA AzzA just adding my two cents in :sword2:

• Agree
Reactions: Sting

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
I'm sure everything will transfer over. I doubt they will want to start recruiting members all over again.
That's my guess too. There was a period there where stats were resetting weekly, but that was stopped. I wouldn't think you would want to lose almost 1000 members who may not come back due to losing their past account.

OK! Good to know :) It makes sense, and I kind of suspected it, but because they stated specifically it was for testing purposes, wanted to know. And like stated before, loads of members are less active due to half-working site now. Few seeders etc. This could be BIG tho!!!!

Memcon

Ex Staff
Ex Staff
Gold
The site is a work in progress, but will be better with more users. Not everyone is willing to deal with bugs/site issues, so doing a limited invite helps work through the kinks. :)

Sting

Captain
Captain
Gold
TOTV is a brilliant tracker, esp when it's freshly coded by AzzA AzzA just adding my two cents in :sword2:
I have to say the interface, even in its infant stages, is amazing!

• Agree
Reactions: jammyone

Daftpunk

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
This project has already 2-3 months no? I respect the fact that they recruit only beta testers, I saw somewhere that they already have a lot of torrents and with all that they can check, verify, upgrade all things before starting with full power. How many trackers did you see 2-3 days old with 100 torrents and full with "Donate" banners?... there are a lot. It's clear this project is very serious.

• Agree
Reactions: thedeh

AzzA

ToTV Rep
Community Rep
Gold
Most of our bugs have been ironed out, there's a few left. We've become a little stagnated since all our staff have been busy lately but we are still chugging along albeit slowly.

Uploads are working, stats won't reset, users will keep their accounts. It's a good time to download from us currently since we are ratio-free and don't currently punish HnRs. Plus most of our torrents are seeded from seedboxes.

Here's some more screenshots:

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
Good to hear something from the TOTV front at last! I've been wondering what you guys were up to, and it seems all is going well. Thanks for letting us know and mentioning the HnR/ratio-free stuff probably won't hurt ;)

thedeh

I take drugs like a fucking champion!
SysOp
Gold
AzzA AzzA which version of Bootstrap are you using?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.