We are Society.
Apply for membership
othersna

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
8,667 0 19
I will get the absolutely highest resolution I can to look at Peggy (played by Elisabeth Moss)
Wait whut........ whut???

Omg I find that woman to be one step short of repulsive. Not meaning to be mean, but she really doesn't look good at all. She's charming, but utterly unbangable.

I think I probably like the character Peggy more than Elisabeth herself. (Esp when she cuts her hair short and dyes it blonde) But after watching Season 1 I was head over heels over Peggy. I would be like the character Pete Campbell and bang her in a heartbeat. (You didn't like my other celebrity crush either, the Duchess of Windsor.)

Xpress

Xpress

ShipDude
Captain
Gold
Reactions
329 0 9
I'm basically forced to download scene 720p HDTV encodes of tv shows because that's what most subtitles are synced for. When it comes to movies, I go for 720p p2p releases. I used to download 1080p but space quickly became problematic.

Lxm

Lxm

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
71 0 1
I always download 120p or 1080p and Full DVD or Blu-Ray for special editions of movies, like The Criterion Collection. I don't put much attention to the quality of the encode. I just blindly trust the PTP and HDBits internal encodes.

pWned

pWned

L' enfant terrible
Pirate King
Gold
Reactions
6,294 20 53
I will get the absolutely highest resolution I can to look at Peggy (played by Elisabeth Moss)
Wait whut........ whut???

Omg I find that woman to be one step short of repulsive. Not meaning to be mean, but she really doesn't look good at all. She's charming, but utterly unbangable.

I think I probably like the character Peggy more than Elisabeth herself. (Esp when she cuts her hair short and dyes it blonde) But after watching Season 1 I was head over heels over Peggy. I would be like the character Pete Campbell and bang her in a heartbeat. (You didn't like my other celebrity crush either, the Duchess of Windsor.)

Mkay, I guess just shy of repulsive was a bit mean, but she's got that Eastern European descent features thing going with the wide brow/wide eyes which is something that I find rather unattractive. Then again, that's a totally subjective perception of course, she's just incompatible with my personal idea of beauty. The Peggy character is nice and I cheered for her, very likeable indeed, but when Campbell did here it was like this "oh look, ugly people humping" -moment :p

chicken

chicken

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
61 0 0
I watch a lot of classic Pre 50's movies,
Damn i am a picky bitch when it comes to quality,
Not many encodes out there, sometimes i've gotta go with the BD50 as is.
But for the current movie lot - 1080p and current tv - 1080i

RedDunce

RedDunce

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
108 0 0
You should learn how to encode and spread the love! People always appreciate a great rip of old BD Classics at pretty much every private tracker out there :)

jammyone

jammyone

Dark Pirate
Dark Pirate
Gold
Reactions
2,859 11 12
Mostly 720p for me, given my download speed to my home PC this is a good compromise between quality and speed of download.

chicken

chicken

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
61 0 0
You should learn how to encode and spread the love! People always appreciate a great rip of old BD Classics at pretty much every private tracker out there :)

I know how to encode mate and i would love to spread the love, but its like 1/100 movies that dont have an encode,
I've had my fair share with a lot of classics and i have had to download the BD50 a very few times. If you watch a lot of classics only then shall you come across such an issue.

Memcon

Memcon

Ex Staff
Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
I started with Yify rips (I know), but soon found there is a big difference not only in the visual quality, but also the audio. Like others have stated, once you have the video quality, making sure you have solid audio is the next step. I generally look for 720p from certain release groups. This helps weed out the less than quality releases I've become accustomed too.

When I eventually transition to a 4k TV, I'm sure I'll re-download almost my entire movie library as those 4k releases show up. I do find myself though not even wanting to watch WebRips of early non-released movies though because I can't handle the poor quality. Deciding to watch a CAM movie only once, bother me so much that I refuse to do so again. Instead, I wait for a quality release so I know it'll be an enjoyable experience. :)

/end snobbish HD rant

Sting

Sting

Captain
Captain
Gold
Reactions
452 0 1
For most of my TV shows its minimum 720. For my movies it used to be 1080 x264, but since I found my way into a couple of good HD trackers its been constantly BD50s. My hard drives and my wallet hate me though :(

oklahomaboy

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
Reactions
2,497 4 9
I used to start with YIFY aswell. Now it's mostly 720/1080p movies from HD encoding groups.
One day, I'd like to do my own encodes from BD50 sources. On the way :)

Hyperi0n

Hyperi0n

Recruiter
Recruiter
Gold
Reactions
56 0 0
Guess I've always gone for at least decent quality. Back before hd tv's, and bluray I used to rent and rip dvds to 3 disc vcd's, and sometimes to dvd (but those were a bit more expensive back then). Nowadays, its usually 1080p across the board (tv/movie). Don't really dl any bd's, as if the movies good enough I'll just end up buying it. But on occasion, I do enjoy a good cam :eeek: Get made fun of for it, but I get impatient sometimes.

AbeSimpson

AbeSimpson

Gold
Reactions
1,989 4 2
I'm quite picky. For movies I will only download 1080p encodes from well known P2P groups. I mostly watch tv in my bedroom on an old 720p set so for TV I download 720p encodes from quality P2P groups

scrappen

scrappen

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
27 0 0
In the early days I used to download TS and TC releases and even sometimes CAM. I considered a dvd screener a decent quality and a 2CD Xvid from a retail dvd was really high quality. I guess as technology has evolved with better bandwidth, cheaper hdd space and bluray releases, my demands have increased. I never download a movie unless it's a 1080p bluray rip. Most often i wait for an internal p2p release just to be extra picky with the details that are barely visible. I suppose it has to do with the easy access to tons of movies today that makes me rather wait even though it's really nerdy.

When i watch movies at friends', most often it's a crappy dvdrip and I must say movies can me entertaining even with so low quality :).

run930

run930

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
25 0 0
720p/1080p BluRay/HDTV or nothin'. Also used to be less picky but with the new HD screens and better releases can't watch another shaky cam.

oklahomaboy

oklahomaboy

TPS Radio Team
Radio DJ
Gold
Reactions
2,497 4 9
I posted here two months ago! Wow, how times flies. Anyways, since then I have greatly moved to remuxes, if I can help it, and if the dislk space at the time allows me to download it :p Otherwise, 1080. But like scrappen mentioned, when watching with friends it doesn't matter all that much :)

foha80

foha80

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
18 0 0
My film collection mostly consist of films from 30's & 40's so quality is not a big concern. I take the best thats available and its way below SD. I'm so thankful to have them because along with the music it keeps alive what is becoming a lost art, probally the only art that the USA has gifted to the world. The BFI & the AFI have many films in their library but most of the stock is on nitrate film which is becoming more unstable.
This is my hobby horse but we can lean from the past when it comes to movies.

othersna

othersna

Ex Staff
Gold
Reactions
8,667 0 19
My film collection mostly consist of films from 30's & 40's so quality is not a big concern.
I've seen 2 of my favorite 1930s movies on Blu-Ray (Restored, then encoded to Blu-Ray) The Blue Angel (1930) and It Happened One Night (1933) . The quality compared to my old SD just blew me away. Now I know how the moviegoers saw the film in the theater. (or close to it)

Sadly, some of my favorite, more obscure movies were scanned to videotape and the actual film is not available, so DVD or TV caps of these movies are in poor quality. (Not much better than a VCR rip.) Plus they are "panned and scanned" so the aspect ratio is all screwed up. But at least having it digital means we won't lose the films completely.

nevergiveup

nevergiveup

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
45 0 0
Had a massive collection of yify, Now downloading in 720p (movies, TV, Anime) because of my home internet connection and going to replace yify with p2p 720p's

Bezerra

Bezerra

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
156 0 0
I always look for the best encode in High Definition.

Some movies I do not care to see at 720p, from the encode is well done.

Nowadays I find the best encodes in two trackes and I'm updating my collection dayly, riding the wave of good remasterings that are appearing.