How Picky Are You When It Comes To Video Quality

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

Spartinus

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
I'm somewhat picky. I can't stand watching SD videos / anything 480p or lower in quality. Usually, I'll go for whatever the highest quality is (provided it doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of space and kill my buffer). Most often I download 1080p, but if that's unavailable then 720p.

orka

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
To me it depend on the movie. I dont download music clips, so that leave us just by the movie category.
So if it just for quick watch, like somebody recoment to me it, like some movie from 1996 with Clint Eastwood, dont care much about the kvality. But if it is blockbuster or a movie with hight rating I go for quality.

but least 720p these days.

TheFireFox

Buccaneer
Gold
Not that picky, I see huge difference between 4k and 720p but I see very little difference between 1080p and 720p, To put it differently, I see difference but it's not worth the double or almost 10 times the size of an average scene 720.
So I go with 720p unless it's a huge cinematic masterpiece, for older things I don't mind upscaled 720p or even high quality SD. It isn't great but I can deal with it if nothings available.

JebKerman

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
not very. I'll typically go with a decent 720p web release (typically some group like Ntb). For things I really want to keep around in good quality, i'll go for a good 1080p bluray release.

Candial

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Very picky. Having a good home setup with 4k screen, I always take the best available.
So I usually pick remux, rarely encodes when it's a very good one that fixes issues like dirty lines and colors.

Qu4rtz

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
When I started torrenting in 2007 I filled my hd with aXXo releases because I just wanted to see the movies; I didn't know anything about a/v quality, codecs, containers, etc. The only question I needed answered was "will this play on my laptop?" Fast-forward to today, and I'm the complete opposite. I'm more knowledgeable, and because that's the case I am more discerning in what I download. I look at bit rate, resolution, audio, bloat, release group, etc. I find that I download a lot less from the scene because it always gets trumped by better quality internals. The internals are the ones that I'm usually after now. I'll take an encode in the "AHD Gold/GP" range of quality over a remux every day of the week.

Flochamonium

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
I'm picky because if available I want a 576p of that movie or tv show, it's the perfect ratio of quality/size for me!

IronMaiden

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Earlier days I used to grab DVD-9s and write to Verbatim DVD+R or DVD+_R tough when started it was mostly rips. Never liked the 1CD rips. Now only 1080ps only for movies mostly and either 720/1080p (web) for TVs... Thinking of increasing collection of 2160ps too. But 1080ps on 4k tv not bad.. When I grab a bigger screen (80+") in an year or so I might need good UHD-Bluray rips... But file size and ratio will be an issue though space not a problem...

spolding

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
For movies I am good with 720p, for tv shows I like getting the 1080p because the rips are kinda bad especially for reality tv shows.

Sparrow115

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Due to my setup being shit I always go for 720p. That being said I'll typically go for one made from bluray if available.