How Picky Are You When It Comes To Video Quality

T P S
We are Society.
Apply for membership

rebelpirate

Buccaneer
Gold
I only watch internal encodes, nothing scene released with exception for tv shows, there is a very big difference as scene releases have rules to get the encode available as soon as possible. Quality makes a big difference when u take the time to do the job properly.

ladygamer

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
720 at the minimum, 1080 if the size isn't so great, max i'd ever get for 1080p is 6 gigs.

arsenal2008

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
I'm very picky, for TV shows if I love the show then it's 1080p, 720p for others.
For movies, no remux unless the difference between it and the encode is less than 5 GB, Old movies 1080p if there is an encode, if not 720p. For new mainstream movies I always download 720p unless it's an excellent movie with outdoor scenes (like The Revenant). Of course I always download P2P, if I downloaded a Scene release that's because there is no other choice.

DarkPhoenix

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
It all depends on source bluray disc. In most cases it would be quality 1080p encode or remux, but If its 1080i then i would pick 720p encode.For tv series releases from Amazon can be better then bluray disc....

Teslaforce

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
TV : 576p - 720p. Exceptions are documentaries about nature/space/planet earth etc.

Movies: 720p - 1080p. Slowly changing everything in library to 1080p encodes from 720p. TBH 720p still looks good to me but I have more space so why not get the 1080p. 4k is useless for my aging eyes and the little 50 inch TV.

eden

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
Some of my favorite older shows are in SD. I still love watching them. As much as possible I want everything to be in HD but I take what I can get. Even though I'm grabbing the highest quality files in many cases I probably won't ever notice the details. I'm usually not sitting very close to my TV.

captain-hook

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
These days i think it has a lot more to do with what i intend to view it on, or the extras included. A vast majority of my film/tv consumption is on a screen 2.5ft from my face. I have begun separating snatches into archival quality favorites and ephemeral watches; the former often resulting in a full-disc download w/ extras or a specific transfer, the latter largely decided based on available options and 'rarity' so as to archive a rare format/quality for others, via long term seeding where i snatch, or cross-uploading to other trackers.

SD don't bother me none - especially when no greater quality (or release) exists.

xiddus

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
It depends. A lot of times I just want to watch something immediately so I am ok with grabbing DVD quallity, but if I am planning ahead I'll go for 1080P or 4k. The one thing that I usually can't do is cams - especially the ones without a direct audio line.

buenourbimo

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
I have very simple setup for my plex:
For movies I may want to see very early: Web DL 1080p.
My standard: 1080p internal/approved only from ptp/hdbits/awesome. I grab internals only because I don't want to deal with quality issues and also I want to support the amazing work encoders do.
If Web DL was downloaded, it is being removed once 1080p comes on deck.
Finally, for movies I want to see in UltraHD, I simply download them and they land in 4K Library.

Blade Hunter

New Recruit
New Recruit
Gold
By video quality I assume you mean res and not encoding parameters like bit-rate and such? I do 720 or above or DVD rip on a rare occasion. One thing I do insist is renaming everything to it's correct name then running it through media companion to get the artwork and metadata for Kodi.