Apply for membership
caracalla

caracalla

Legatus Legionis
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
74 0 0
Hi everyone, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone here, a Happy Xmas followed by a very Happy New Year. Every year seems to come around faster than the last and before we know it it'll be half way into 2018. I hope we all have a safe and joyous holiday break, some shorter than others no doubt.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank TPS for welcoming me into this great community and although i am not as active as some on the site, I certainly do acknowledge and value my membership to the site. I said it when I first joined and will say it again, I am honoured to be a part of this place.

As some of you may know, I came into this whole scene a newbie and to some degree, that really hasn't changed much at all :) :). I had no trackers, private ones i mean and didn't even know what an IRC was. Slowly I began to learn and read so much of the great content the forums have to offer. I even managed to get invited to a few really cool trackers and have just progressed from there. Couldn't have done it without this great place and really just wanted to express that.

Looking forward to another great year on the P2P front and I hope to chat to more of you in the future. I hope Santa brings you guys what you've requested in your Santa Letters and that 2018 brings the world closer to Peace.

jammyone

jammyone

Dark Pirate
Dark Pirate
Gold
Reactions
2,859 11 12
Merry Christmas to you too caracalla caracalla and thanks for your kind wishes to the community

On the P2P front, this time last year I was still shocked from the loss of WCD. Here’s hoping the In Memorium list for 2018 is fairly empty

insertnamehere

insertnamehere

Buccaneer
Gold
Reactions
278 4 0
I second the wish for a year without any major losses. An uneventful year is for the best; let's stay on the DL and keep adding to our libraries like good little pirates. Cheers!

rafati

rafati

New Recruit
Gold
Reactions
4 0 0
You are right. I feel just like you do. I did begin exploring the BitTorrent scene quite a few years ago but back then I honestly didn't care enough to research private trackers and join discussions about them because I thought: why would I ever need them?

As you get older, you get more "refined" tastes, if you will. You tend to look for higher quality encodes, faster uploads, requests being filled... and you can only find those in proper trackers. That's what made me invest time into reaching new goals in the BT scene. I started looking at how to get a home seedbox, investing money in more HDDs, etc. I feel like I've learnt more in 2017 about BT than I did the last 5 years.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!