Apply for membership
oasis

oasis

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
38 0 0
In my view collectors are people who does want to get into every tracker whatever the content it provides. Such people are bad for the community in a way. I recently saw a thread about theoccult recruitment and all of sudden some members became active in the forums as they want to get in to theoccult because there is a roadblock of minimum 20 forum posts. LOL

R4I

R4I

I'M A 3.5" CHODE
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
152 0 7
I currently maintain a total of 27 trackers, but I have an account at around 40 (the rest are probably inactivity disabled).

I joined a bunch of trackers when I first joined the private tracker scene, one from pretty much every category that I was interested in. Luckily PTP/BTN/etc. were less established back then and easy to join compared with today, which means I didn't have to play the game of "working your way up" through the currently less established trackers that people regularly do now. This saved me from a lot of redundant accounts (although somehow I now have accounts at five different TV trackers, how's that for redundant).

I initially joined about 12 trackers (over a year or so), and in the last 5 years I've joined about 25 new trackers. The only one I can think of that I sought out was HDBits.org when I got a fiber connection. The rest have been because I'm friends with the staff that run the tracker, or because I've had to verify the tracker for TPS.

If you looked at how many trackers I have vs. how much content I download you could call me a collector. Although I recognize the dynamic is different when you're a staffer in the bittorent community.

I maintain the current list for a number of reasons:
1. To review profile links in TPS applications,
2. to maintain a point of contact between TPS and trackers,
3. because I'm immune to inactivity disabling (through being a TC, a donor, or in a high userclass),
4. I've used it a lot in the past and don't feel ready to abandon it.

Although if I were on a small niche tracker that was capped out, I might allow the account to die, as I don't think that's fair to other people that would use it more.
Fuck off nobody asked you XD

Phantasia

Phantasia

Shipmate
Shipmate
Gold
Reactions
44 0 0
I'm on a total of 25 trackers at the moment.
Some are almost not used, others are used on an hourly basis, whenever I can.

I wasn't like this, until Bitgamer and Underground Gamer went down and I almost panicked not knowing how to even work my way into a replacement tracker.
I now try to have a backup and a backup of a backup for the main stuff I need (Games, Movies, Tv Series and Anime).

As for invites...
I think I've invited 3/4 people max to private trackers. I'm always "scared" of inviting someone, even if i've been talking with the person forever on IRC or something as I would hate to be kicked off a tracker due to that. (Never been banned or kicked out).

Nomi

Nomi

Cereal Killer
Radio DJ
Gold
Reactions
79 1 0
I am a member of more than 10 trackers, most of which are top-of-the-line in their categories; However, I know that I'm not a collector. I genuinely need each one of the ones I'm a member of. Otherwise, I'd be trying to get into HDB by now.

megamind

megamind

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
109 0 1
well, i think that if you didn't get your account from an official requirement or an open sign up you kind of own it to your inviter to be active on your account, so i end up still having some of the first trackers i become member of that are really not as useful as ptp or btn

also if you become a member of more rare tracker you kind of HAVE to keep using them because you kind of feel like iit's an honor to even be a member, people still judge me hard when i say to them i lost my account on pedro's due to inactivity

p.s. the title is a little silly, like there is any chance someone will say
"YEAP!! i collect trackers like pokeball cards,they just look pretty on my bookmark toolbar you know..."

shanjan

shanjan

Pirate
Pirate
Gold
Reactions
368 3 0
So I wanted to invite a few users to BiB/HDB/RED , so I read their past comments throughout and carefully.

A few of their comments were about how they're Trump supporters, Muslims are the cancer of the world, Black are such and such....

So I've decided not to invite any racist user, I don't know if it makes any sense, I wonder how many bigoted users are 'bad' users and harmful for the torrenting community.

If you're a dumb asshole in real life, I guess you're a dumb asshole everywhere.